LBS 2nd Tuesday Webinar
Building Broadcast and Digital Strategies That Will Get Your Dealers Attention Now!
Tuesday, October 12, 2021 – 11 AM CST
Presented By: John Tkac, LBS Auto Expert, Previous Auto Dealer
John Tkac is back with us and he’s anxious to speak with you during this innovative webinar session. Your dealers are looking for media professionals to provide solutions to close out the year and start the new year with winning solutions. Attend this webinar and come away with plans that will have you prepared to gain more than your fair share of your dealer’s ad budgets! Register and gain a competitive edge!
To register for this free session, see the attached flyer or click here https://localbroadcastsales.com/lbswebinars/.
Each of your broadcast and digital sellers is welcome to attend and hear about the hot-selling opportunities!
Newsroom Webinar Series – Sponsored by the Alabama Broadcasters Association
11 AM CST – Oct 21, Nov 4, Dec 4, 2021 & Jan 4, 2022
Presented By: Poynter Institute
October 21, 2021
Powerful Storytelling (Part 1)
- Finding and developing compelling character
- Finding sharp story focus
- What goes where in the story and why
- How to make words and video work seamless together even when you have limited video
- How to spot soundbites that deeply connect with viewers
November 4, 2021
Powerful Storytelling (Part 2)
- The eight motivators that make any story more interesting
- Getting beyond the obvious to the more important “why” of the story
- The power of the Ladder of Abstraction (how to make interesting stories important and important stories interesting)
- Sentence structure that makes information unforgettable
December 4, 2021
- Where do our biases come from?
- How do we recognize our own biases?
- Eight kinds of biases that can influence our journalism (these don’t make you a bad person, they mean you are normal)
- How biases influence who is in and out of our coverage
- How you can find new voices that will give you new insights, even on deadline
January 4, 2022
Fighting Fakes and Truth Decay
- Where does information come from and who is behind it?
- Why do people spread disinformation?
- How can you detect fake photos?
- What is metadata and what will it tell you?
- What does every journalist need to understand about algorithms?
These webinars will be led by Al Tompkins, Senior Faculty at The Poynter Institute, which teaches in newsrooms including the largest broadcast networks and newspapers to the smallest markets in all 50 states, Canada, South Africa, Egypt, Japan and beyond.
This webinar series was organized by the Alabama Broadcasters Association with assistance from the Michigan Association of Broadcasters. The Nebraska Broadcasters Association is one of more than 30 state broadcast associations across the country to offer these webinars to our members as another free member benefit.
Please contact Jim Timm at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.