Last Updated: November 1, 2020
- Information Collected.
Information You Provide Us
Certain actions on the Site require you to provide personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) that is necessary to complete that action. The NBA collects Personal Information directly from you when you provide it to us, including:
- Contact information (name, job title, organization, address, email address, and telephone number).
- Account information (login and password).
- Scholarship application information (name, birth information, address, email address, telephone number, education information, school, transcripts, financial aid information, employment information, work experience, extracurricular activities, awards and honors, and goals and interests).
Information We Automatically Collect
When you interact with the Site, the NBA automatically collects certain information (“Usage Information”), including:
- Device information (IP address, browser type, time zone, and operating system).
- Details of your visit to the Site (information about the individual web pages you viewed or searched for and referring and exit web pages).
- Information Usage.
The NBA may use information that you provide to us or that we automatically collect, including any Personal Information:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided it.
- To provide you with the information, materials, programs, or services that you request from us.
- To send you newsletters, alerts, marketing and other communications with your consent.
- To process and manage event registrations, scholarship applications, or other transactions.
- To organize the NBA’s Annual Convention and other events.
- To provide, maintain, improve, and optimize the Site.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Information Sharing.
The NBA will not sell your Personal Information to third parties. The NBA may share information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, with our service providers and other third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf, which may include payment processing, analytics, marketing, data storage, and security. These third parties may interact with your browser, collect, or have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but they are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purpose.
- Tracking Technologies.
The Site may use the following technologies to collect Usage Information:
- “Cookies” are small files stored by your browser. Cookies support the functionality of the Site.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Your Choices.
The NBA wants you to understand your choices regarding how we may process your Personal Information:
- Tracking Technologies – You can disable cookies and other tracking technologies through the settings in your browser. You can find more information about cookies at allaboutcookies.org.
- Communications – You can opt-out of the communications we send by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication.
The NBA uses commercially reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Information. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, the NBA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Legal Disclaimer.
The NBA will release any Personal Information when we believe disclosure is required by law and when we believe that the disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to protect the NBA’s rights and/or comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- Third Party Links.