In 2023, the NBA Foundation is offering two, $2,000.00 scholarships to assist students enrolled in broadcasting-related educational programs at four-year public or private colleges and universities. Students who meet our elegibility requirements are encouraged to submit their application by the stated deadline. Completed applications and all required materials must be received at the NBA office no later than March 1, 2023.
- Applicants must be on track to complete 30 or more credits as of May 31, 2023; majoring in broadcasting, communications or a broadcasting related field; at a four-year public or private college or university.
- Applicants must have a Nebraska connection; having either graduated from a Nebraska high school OR be attending a four-year Nebraska college or university.
- Applicant must be planning to pursue a career in radio or television broadcasting.
In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements outlined above:
- Complete and submit the online NBA Foundation EEO Scholarship application form. No handwritten submissions will be accepted.
- Provide your most recent official transcript, showing GPA and courses completed
- Provide two signed, one-page recommendation letters from school faculty and/or a radio or television station where you have either been employed or served as an intern.
- Write and provide an original essay that answers the following question: Given the impact of social media and its relatively low production costs, how would you redesign the broadcast radio and/or TV industry to remain both relevant to the audience and economically viable?
- Essay submission must be double-spaced on a word type document (no handwritten submissions will be accepted), not to exceed three pages in length
- Finalists may be asked to participate in a personal interview
All applications must be submitted online by clicking the link below. Applications will be accepted starting January 1, 2023 and must be received no later than March 1, 2023.
*This button will only be active during designated application periods