Details: KETV NewsWatch 7, the Hearst Television Inc. ABC-affiliated station in Omaha, NE is now interviewing candidates for the position of on-air reporter.
You will be joining an award-winning team of journalists and television professionals showcasing your talent to the biggest audience in Omaha television news.
The right candidate will be a writer with an interest in investigative journalism and a passion for covering politics. We’re looking for someone ready to lead our team in covering the policy makers shaping the future of Nebraska and Iowa.
You must have the drive to cover breaking news, and report extemporaneously in a clear, concise manner.
We’re looking for a self-starter who knows how to build great contacts and develop exclusive content. You’ll need an ability to connect with people in ways that foster great communication and enjoy sharing content on social media.
This is your opportunity to join Omaha’s News Leader at historic 7 Burlington Station and to be part of an award-winning team devoted to great story telling and solid journalism.
• Reporting news stories, building news contacts and sources, and developing original news material for KETV and Hearst Television
• Some video editing
• Live reporting
• Some substitute anchoring
• At least two years of television or digital news reporting.
• Strong copy writing and editing skills
• Knowledge of civics and engaged in national and world events
• Must be able to manage time well
• Must be creative
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
• Must have good news judgment
• Must be able to work weekends and evenings
• Bachelor or Associate Degree in journalism or related field is preferred. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
Additional Requirements: As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 4/19/2022
Closing Date: 5/19/2022
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE