Position/Title: Full-time Newscast Director
Details: The full-time Newscast Director is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live production with all technical staff, including the Producer, Technical Director, Audio Operator, Studio, and Engineering. Positive pro-active attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
• Directing/Technical Directing broadcast newscasts.
• Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
• Be responsible for clean technical execution and the overall look of the newscast.
• Must be able to call and punch a newscast.
• May also run Teleprompter system
• MOS and basic computer network understanding.
• Understanding of newsroom systems ENPS and video playback systems.
• Candidate must be an excellent communicator able to work efficiently and effectively with a variety of personalities in high pressure situations.
• Candidate must be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
• The position requires shift flexibility. Shift will include various day parts, holidays and weekend duties.
• Video editing with Adobe Premiere is required.
• Newscast Director will also be required to post to website as well.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
• 2 years directing and technical directing fast-paced newscasts a plus
• Spanish/English bilingual a plus, but not required
• Candidates should have a helpful, positive, “can do” attitude.
• Experience with production switchers, video servers, editing systems and audio and studio equipment preferred but not required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 3/14/2023
Closing Date: 4/13/2023
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE