KETV, the ABC affiliate in Omaha, NE has an opening for an experienced and dynamic Newscast Director. The full-time Newscast Director is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live production with all technical staff, including the Producer, Technical Director, Studio Talent, and Engineering department. A positive, pro-active attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best. You will report to the Operations Manager.
• The candidate filling this role will be responsible for coding and punching live newscasts using Grass Valley Ignite production automation
• The station is seeking an individual who collaborates well with news producers and other staff to produce compelling and dynamic news content and clean newscasts
• Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
• The candidate filling this role will work closely with other directors to facilitate changes and updates to automation systems
• The station is seeking an individual who will be responsible for clean technical execution and the overall look of the newscast.
• Candidate may also run teleprompter system
• In-person attendance required
• Prefer knowledge of Grass Valley Ignite Automation, MOS, BitCentral, and ENPS
• Experience using remotely controlled studio cameras, Sony production switchers, video routers, audio consoles, automation, and graphics systems
• Candidate must be an excellent communicator able to work efficiently and effectively with a variety of personalities in high pressure situations
• Candidate must be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news
• The position requires shift flexibility. Shift will include various day parts, holidays and weekend duties.
• Video editing with Adobe Premiere is preferred
• Newscast Director will also be required to post to website as well
• Can work flexible hours and shifts, including holidays and weekends
• Related military experience will be considered
• 2 years directing and technical directing fast-paced newscasts a plus
• Spanish/English bilingual a plus, but not required
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That’s why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst’s benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on the whole person. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family’s needs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 1/30/2024
Closing Date: 2/29/2024
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE.