KLKN Lincoln is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Digital Content Producer to join our team. The Digital Content Producer will help us stay on top of information as it’s happening — someone with a passion for local news, digital storytelling and organizational skills that shine. You will publish content across multiple digital platforms including stories and videos. You’ll also lead our digital desk on weekends. You must be an independent worker, but able to work in a group setting while embracing the unique market and surrounding areas of Lincoln, Nebraska.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Joseph McCarty, Digital Content Manager, at email@example.com.
• Research, write, edit and publish time-sensitive local, regional and national news content, with a focus on clarity, fairness, legality, spelling and grammar
• Post breaking news quickly and accurately while maintaining open communication with newsroom staff as stories develop
• Write highly effective headlines and story summaries and pitch stories to regional and national news sites
• Write, post and monitor engaging social media content on multiple platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
• Produce video content and engage with audiences on multiple platforms, including Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, etc.
• Solicit and identify user-generated content from social media platforms
• A degree in journalism, communications or digital media
• A thorough understanding of social video platforms, especially Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and YouTube
• Strong digital publishing skills, including a solid understanding of SEO concepts, AP Style, headline writing, and basic HTML
• Familiarity with WordPress, Adobe CS, Google Analytics and/or other industry-standard tools, as well as Microsoft Office
• Strong leadership and communication skills and a desire to grow with the company
• An aptitude for being a self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and with others in a fast-paced environment
• A desire to be a key part of an innovative, growing team of digital journalists and to take on additional responsibilities over time
You will receive…
• Competitive salary
• Generous benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401K, etc.
• Vacation, paid holidays and paid time off
• Exceptional growth opportunities
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/11/2023
Closing Date: 12/11/2023
City: Lincoln – 68502