The Nebraska Broadcasters Association Foundation (NBAF) offers scholarships to Nebraska high school seniors who have been accepted at a NBAF-approved Nebraska college, university or trade school, are planning to enroll in an undergraduate course of study in a broadcast-related field, and who plan to pursue a career with a broadcast-related company. Interest in Broadcast Engineering, Journalism, On-Air Personality, Sales & Marketing and other broadcasting careers will be considered. A one-time scholarship payment of $1,000.00 may be awarded to up to four (4) seniors each year, at the discretion of the NBA board of directors.
The purpose of this scholarship is to support and encourage future broadcast professionals as they pursue relevant classroom study and professional internship experiences.
Applicants for the NBAF High School Broadcast Scholarship must be:
- A Nebraska high school senior and Nebraska resident;
- Accepted for enrollment at a NBAF-approved two or four-year Nebraska college, university or trade school as a full-time student in a course of study in a broadcast-related field;
- Currently working in a broadcast-related job or have some type of broadcast-related experience;
- Exhibiting professional aspirations to work in the broadcast industry.
Application documents shall include the following:
- Completion of all fields on the online application form
- Copy of official high school transcript
- Copy of Official College/University Acceptance Letter
- Two signed recommendation letters – one of which must come from a broadcast-related source. Letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to NBA, 11414 W. Center Rd., Suite 342, Omaha, NE 68144.
NBAF Approved Scholarship Schools:
- Central Community College – Hastings
- Doane University – Crete
- Northeast Community College – Norfolk
- University of Nebraska – Kearney
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- University of Nebraska – Omaha
- Wayne State College – Wayne
All applications must be submitted online by clicking the link below. Applications will be accepted starting December 1, 2021 and must be received no later than January 31, 2022. Winners will be announced in March and will be invited to be recognized at the NBA Annual Convention in August.
The NBA Education Committee will review each applicant and recommend scholarship recipients to the NBAF board of directors for final approval.
Selected recipients must submit their official fall class schedule to the NBA no later than September 30, 2022 to receive their scholarship. Funds will then be sent directly to the school bursar, for use in the student’s freshman year. Failure to provide the official class schedule by the deadline will result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
*This button will only be active during designated application periods