The Nebraska Broadcasters Association was formed in 1934, with the purposes of advancing the best interests of the free, local, over-the-air, full service radio and television broadcast industry in the State of Nebraska, and in that regard to:
- optimize the business and regulatory environment in which the broadcast industry operates on state, regional and federal levels
- advance the state of the art of broadcasting
- increase respect for and the credibility of broadcasting
- help each broadcast station to better serve the public interest
- otherwise engage in activities and other undertakings, including but not limited to Noncommercial Sustaining Announcement Programs (NCSA), which serve those purposes.