KNOP-TV is looking for a driven journalist for the role of weekend sports anchor/mmj in our main North Platte newsroom. You will be an integral part of the top news team in the area, bringing unique local stories, from enterprising ideas to telling polished, effective stories live on-air. You will operate as an MMJ, responsible for finding, shooting, writing, and editing your stories from start to finish.
• Produce and anchor sports content on weekends, or on weekdays as needed
• Enterprise, shoot, edit, and report compelling stories with a sports emphasis
• Report general news stories as needed
• Execute all aspects of storytelling, scheduling shoots and interviews, shooting video, writing scripts, editing, and going live as needed
• Be a multi-platform storyteller, ready to create content on our digital streams, social media and the station’s website and news apps
• Meet tight daily deadlines
• Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news
• A consistent track record of meeting deadlines
• Ability to shoot and edit video, and effectively communicate live on-air
• Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape
• A four-year degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Familiarity with ENPS, Edius, TVU, ARC Publishing, Sony ENG, Social Media a plus
KNOP-TV has some of the highest news ratings of any station in the country, and a proud tradition of journalism that goes back more than 60 years. It is a powerful local voice, highlighting the strong community spirit in the region, and serving as an advocate and voice for those who need to be heard. The newscast production plays well above the market size with automation, robotic cameras, and cutting-edge graphics, in support of an award-winning staff.
North Platte, Nebraska, is placed perfectly between Denver and Omaha. A rich history with covered wagons and Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Shows, tourists make this a destination to experience a step back into those western days and to have leisurely getaways to the white sand beaches of Lake McConaughy or experience local hiking and biking trails.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.