We’re looking for a dynamic on-air talent who makes a connection with viewers and loves the thrill of live television. You are versatile, enterprising, and can work fast and efficient, and work well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live reporting skills. You will report to the News Director.
In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; you are a reporter/anchor who isn’t afraid to head out into the field and break the big stories. You will enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and complete live shots. You are someone who isn’t afraid to ask tough questions and will hold those in power accountable. KETV Sports Reporter/Anchor will be expected to enterprise and produce content for KETV sportscasts, and KETV’s digital platforms. The winning candidate must be able to work nights and weekends and perform well under tight deadline pressures.
The right candidate also must be able to speak knowledgeably and extemporaneously on sports subjects and be well-researched on relevant sports issues. You’ll often be expected to work alone to shoot, edit and produce video content.
The position offers the opportunity to anchor sports casts as well.
• Producing and anchoring sports segments
• Live reporting for television
• Videography and video editing
• Writing and producing compelling stories for television and digital platforms
• Enterprising original content and developing contacts with local sports figures and organizations
• Deliver scripted and ad-lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose.
• Plan, gather and assemble stories on day-of news or special project assignments.
• Coordinate with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
• Develop a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance
• Appear on behalf of the station at public events.
• Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms throughout the day
• Work on different stories and projects at once and meeting all deadlines
• Summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• In-person attendance required
• 2+ years of anchor experience required
• 2+ years of reporting experience required
• Your demo reel is indicative of your everyday work
• Good knowledge of all sports subjects and willingness to engage on social media
• Anchor that connects with viewers, in addition to reporting skills
• Operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology.
• Can work in all weather conditions, work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds
• Have a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
• Have and exhibit unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That’s why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst’s benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family’s needs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 1/31/2024
Closing Date: 3/1/2024
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE