The Nebraska Broadcasters Association Foundation is offering two, $2,000 scholarships to assist students enrolled in broadcasting-related educational programs at four-year public or private colleges and universities. Students who meet our eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply for these scholarships.
- Four-year Colleges & Universities
Applicant must be on track to complete 30 credits as of May 31, 2021 and must be majoring in broadcasting, communications, or a related field at a four-year public or private college or university.
- Applicants must have a Nebraska connection in that they must have either graduated from a Nebraska high school OR be attending a Nebraska college or university.
- Applicants must be planning a career in radio or television broadcasting.
In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements outlined above:
- Complete and submit the online NBA Foundation Scholarship application form
- Provide your most recent official transcript, showing GPA and courses completed
- Provide two, signed one-page letters of recommendation supporting the application
- Submit an original essay written by the applicant, answering: “Given the impact of social media and its relatively low production cost, how would you redesign the broadcast radio and/or TV industry to remain both relevant to the audience and economically viable?”
- Essay must be typed (double-spaced) and not exceed three pages in length.
- Finalists may be asked to participate in a personal interview
All applications must be submitted online by clicking the link below. Applications will be accepted starting January 1, 2021 and must be received no later than February 28, 2021
*This button will only be active during designated application periods