These links provide access to contracted training programs and services, available exclusively to NBA members.
Engineering & Technical Training
Society of Broadcast Engineers TPT Program
The NBA wants to assist our members in preparing more employees for a successful career in broadcasting by advancing their technical & engineering skills. The Society of Broadcast Engineers has put together the Technical Professional Training program (TPT) designed to groom station talent who are interested in rapidly building their in-demand technical skills.
The SBE TPT program includes:
- A one-year SBE membership with SBE MemberPlus
- A copy of SBE CBT CertPreview
- A copy of the SBE Broadcast Engineering Handbook
- Enrollment in the SBE Mentor Program
- SBE CBT certification exam application fee
Membership includes access to Webinars by SBE, an extensive collection of training webinars developed and cataloged for on-demand use.
As a new member benefit in 2022, the NBA will reimburse the TPT’s cost.
2022 NBA SBE TPT Reimbursement Guidelines:
- Limited to one enrollee per dues-paying SEU (station employment unit), up to a total of 12 enrollees on a first-come, first serve basis, in calendar year 2022
- SEU general manager must provide NBA President/Executive Director Jim Timm with the following information via email@example.com
– employee name & current position
– number of years employed at your SEU
– briefly, why this employee is interested in the TPT
– briefly, how your SEU would benefit from their completion of the TPT
- Once NBA approves a participant, SEU pays to enroll the employee in the TPT
- Upon employee’s successful completion of the TPT, email proof of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org and the NBA will send a $475 check to your SEU
Local Broadcast Sales
Thanks to your station’s membership with the Nebraska Broadcasters Association, you can get full access to LBS at no cost! This means that you now have 24/7 access to the following revenue-generating services:
- Training-On-Demand: Over 1,200 training videos that are developed & delivered by proven ad sales pros and two new videos are added nearly every week!
- Sales Ideas: Timely sales ideas that will produce tangible sales results when there is a need for an innovation boost!
- Ad Intelligence: A sales resource center organized by category and designed to enhance consultative sales calls with over 3,000 articles!
- Ask LBS: A virtual coach with street-ready advice. When you are stuck in the selling process with a client, ask for help – we will answer!
- 2nd Tuesday Webinars: The industry’s best and most practical live sessions airing on the 2nd Tuesday of every month, plus access to the very valuable archive!
- The BEST New Hire Program: Each weekday for five weeks, your new sellers will receive a BEST (Broadcast Essentials for Selling Today) email from LBS containing three videos. In less than 30 minutes per day, your new sellers will build up a solid foundation for a career in selling broadcast!
Your entire team is able to create individual LBS accounts! Please follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.localbroadcastsales.com
- Complete the form on the home page to create your LBS account
- That’s it – Your account will be activated right away
NBA Member Sales Training
Boost your knowledge and skillset with hundreds of online broadcast sales training videos from P1 Learning. These short (10-minutes or less) training videos are accessible 24/7/365 from your phone, tablet, or computer. So whether you’re looking for an in-depth training series from the comfort of your office or you need to fine-tune your negotiation skills in the parking lot before your next meeting, we’ve got you covered.
Sales topics include the sales cycle, negotiations, objections, digital sales, goal management, building relationships, personality-based selling, service after the renewal, and more. Are you a manager? We can help you with weekly course recommendations, sales meeting tips, and provide you an easy way to track both online course and exam analytics for your entire team.
Speed and Swagger: Ten-Minute Trainer
As an NBA member and user of the NBA’s Online Training Platform, you’ll also have access to the Speed and Swagger: Ten-Minute Trainer hosted by Speed Marriott and Derron Steenbergen. This weekly video course features guest trainers both in and outside of broadcasting, answers user-driven questions all while wrapping in both tips and motivation.
NBA Additional Department Training
Training content works best when it reflects the needs of the modern organization. So in addition to our sales training content, NBA Members have access to topics in management and leadership, customer service, on-air, health and wellness, general business skills, workplace compliance, and more. In essence, whatever department you’re in, we’ll provide you with a fully customizable curriculum to ensure that you’re reaching your maximum potential.