WOWT Technical Media Producer
April 18, 2022
Maximum Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
Applicants will be notified of Position Closing.
WOWT is accepting applications for a full-time Technical Media Producer
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WOWT’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, ingesting daily programming and commercials and monitoring programming playlist automation. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts and miscellaneous station productions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for WOWT.
- Skilled use of Ross Overdrive automation, production video switcher, master control automation, VizRT graphics, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, and program ingesting/segmenting.
- Understanding of FCC program and transmitter logs, and all FCC broadcast regulations.
- Work with ENPS, newsroom computer system.
- Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
- Dedication to care of equipment.
- Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
- Training of new personnel as assigned.
- Assist Production Supervisor in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
- Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Apply Online at:
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.