Omaha, NE • Programming
NRG Media has a rare opening for Sports Radio 1620 The Zone. We are searching for an individual with personality and passion for great local radio to join 1620 The ZONE-AM as a full-time Sports Talk Show Host.
The ideal candidate is someone who is very passionate about pro, college and high school sports, the local community, radio and connecting with listeners and clients in the community on-air, on-line, on social media and in person. Plus, the candidate is someone who enjoys being in the community by taking part in local events, radio station appearances, promotions and station events, and can work with a sales team to identify ideas, sponsorships, and events to promote the station and add revenue while bringing a spirit of creativity and mutual respect to a team where values matter.
• Minimum of 3 years or more of commercial radio experience
• Extensive knowledge of, and interest in, professional and collegiate sports
• A good understanding of social media
• A sense of humor, intelligence and a broad based knowledge of many areas not just sports
• Excellent work ethic
• Highly creative and spontaneous
• Ability to develop, produce, and execute on-air radio programming that is both entertaining and informative to the listening audience
NRG Media is dedicated to providing Great Local Radio and committed to being an active and integral part of the communities in which it serves. NRG Media has over 38 radio stations throughout the Midwest in Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Illinois. The company is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and led by President/CEO Mary Quass.
NRG Media, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates must follow and enforce FCC regulations, station and company policies
Please apply on our company website.