Be a part of Omaha’s News Leader, KETV NewsWatch 7, and work in one of the most unique broadcasting facilities in the nation, the historic 7 Burlington Station. Located just south of downtown’s Old Market entertainment district, KETV is the #1 source for local news in Omaha and one of the top ABC affiliates in the country. Omaha is the hidden gem in America’s heartland. We may be known for our Zoo and the College World Series . . . but when you explore the city you’ll find so much more to do. There’s a reason Omaha is constantly ranked as one of the best and most affordable places to live.
KETV, Omaha’s News Leader, has an entry-level opportunity for an aspiring photojournalist who wants to join our award-winning Hearst Television team at historic 7 Burlington Station. This part-time position provides up to 24 hours per week at KETV. It covers overnight developments on Saturday and Sunday mornings. So, the winning candidate must be a self-starter, ready to drive across town with little to know notice and be able to gather information from police and firefighters. This position also carries the option of an additional 8-hour shift during the week. The schedule can be defined by the employee, working around other obligations he or she may have. It also could involve videography, reporting, or digital content development, based again on the employee’s interests. KETV NewsWatch 7 photojournalists are engaged in the latest technology, dedicated to being correct and first, and skilled at working on tight deadlines when stories break late. Time-management is crucial. Photojournalists must be skilled at editing with Adobe Premiere, either at the station or in the field, and they must be passionate about distributing video on digital platforms and social media. Above all, the winning candidate must be a team player, ready to join a vibrant newsroom community which thrives on working together.
- Working in partnership with reporters and the assignment desk to cover daily stories
- Shooting, and editing material for on-air, and digital platforms.
- Proper care of equipment and vehicles
- A commitment to solid journalism and the willingness to gather facts and information
- A team approach: Communication with reporters, producers and managers
- An interest in television and/or digital journalism
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Must be able to carry 40 lbs. of equipment
- Must have clean driving record
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can work all shifts, including weekends and overnights as needed