Broadcast Careers: KMTV, Omaha - Digital Content Manager
KMTV 3 News Now Digital Content Manager
KMTV-TV, the CBS affiliate in Omaha, NE is looking for a Digital Content Manager who will be responsible for creating a rich content experience for our online audience. You must be an all-platform content strategist who sets the editorial calendar and conceives and executes multimedia story packages that entertain, engage and educate key constituencies, polishing content from the field and other sources, while also having experience on the broadcast side to contribute to strategies there as well.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and manage content strategy for Scripps, with the goal of engaging site visitors and social media audiences.
- Conceive and produce content using a variety of online media, including stories, audio/photo essays and videos.
- Assign and shape stories, editing copy and visuals, writing headlines, etc.
- Manage day-to-day editorial content on site according to branding goals and site analytics.
- Manage Real Time Editors to guarantee timely and effective coverage of "happening now" events on digital and social media platforms.
- Keep up with online content trends and best practices and incorporate them into Scripps digital strategy.
- Contribute to overall success of Scripps content team by contributing to strategy discussions on all platforms.
- Contribute to the strategy and management of the entire newsroom and the on-air products.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- BS/BA in news/media or related field or equivalent experience.
- Generally, a minimum of 3 years of experience in news/media field including a few years in a lead role and experience in a broadcast newsroom.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Previous experience reporting and writing firsthand enterprise stories required.
- Editorial experience that includes directing coverage, copy editing and headline writing.
- Demonstrated ability to create content that persuades a reader to take action on behalf of a cause or organization.
- Familiarity with using site analytics to inform editorial decisions.
- Ability to occasionally gather content firsthand, in often-challenging locations
- Must be a multi-tasker who can perform well under deadline pressure and successfully meet deadlines.
- Must have outstanding skills in time management and setting priorities.
- Must demonstrate openness and capacity to seek new opportunities and adopt new ways of doing things.
- Must hold high standards and have the ability to demand high quality and productivity from staff members.
- Must exhibit high standards of accuracy and fairness.
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must have proven leadership and organizational skills and be able to function as a team leader and team player.
- Must have a track record of coaching, mentoring and fostering staff development.
- May manage elements/portions of a budget.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.