KETV, Omaha’s News Leader based in historic 7 Burlington Station, is looking for an aggressive multi-media journalist to complement our award-winning sports team.
The winning candidate will find, shoot and produce sports and news content for KETV NewsWatch 7 and KETV.com. Most of your work week will be engaged in coverage of high school and college sports including Nebraska football, Creighton basketball, and in the spring, the College World Series. But there will be occasional news duties as well.
Additionally, as the Sports/News MMJ, you will have sports anchoring opportunities on occasion.
The right candidate for KETV must be a self-starter who can generate story ideas, deliver live reports, build sources and craft memorable stories.
We’re looking for someone who can tell stories, and not just narrate highlights. Our next MMJ must be able to embrace social media with an approach that emphasizes video and frequent updates.
You also must be able to work quickly, efficiently, and you must be able to handle the pressure of tight deadlines and a schedule that involves nights and weekends.
- · Shoot, write and report video reports for KETV NewsWatch 7 newscasts and KETV.com
- · Develop local contacts and story ideas
- Cover breaking news and sports
- Substitute sports anchoring
- · At least one-year of television news experience
- Ability to shoot high-quality video
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Works quickly and efficiently
- · Good personality. Must connect with viewers
- · Excellent writing and packaging skills
- · Must be able to provide samples of reporting and photography.
- · Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
- · Ability to shoot and edit high quality video
- · Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Must enjoy being part of a team.
- · Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred, but not required
- · Military multimedia training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered with appropriate experience