KETV NewsWatch 7, Omaha’s News Leader, is looking for a dynamic anchor/reporter to join our award-winning team at historic 7 Burlington Station.
The Live Desk anchor/reporter position is a vital part of our First News morning broadcast. The Live Desk anchor enterprises content for the daily broadcast, writing and often producing his or her own series of reports with the goal of providing up-to-the-minute coverage of breaking local, national and world news.
The person in this position also will have the opportunity to report daily following the morning newscast. The right person can define this job by enterprising stories and producing exclusive reports outside of the drumbeat of the daily news grind. We want a journalist who doesn’t rely on an assignment editor to spoon-feed story ideas.
The winning candidate will be an aggressive journalist with a commanding on-air presence. We want someone who isn’t afraid to ask tough questions of newsmakers. This person should thrive under tight deadlines. This position also requires an aggressive social media presence and the ability to write quickly and deliver energetic, compelling live reports.
You will become a newsroom leader, working in the heart of vibrant downtown Omaha with a team of proven dedicated journalists.
- Report, write and script live desk segments for KETV NewsWatch 7 First News, in consultation with a team of producers
- Develop news contacts, and produce news reports for other KETV NewsWatch 7 newscasts, and its digital platforms, with the expectation of exclusive content, and breaking stories of importance.
- Live reporting with poise, energy, enthusiasm and purpose
- Coordination with photographers and other journalists to produce quality reports
- An aggressive approach to social media involving progressive reporting of developing news stories, and sharing of video and photos
- An interest in the workings of government and the ability to cut through public agendas to find stories of consequence
- High journalistic ethical standards
- A minimum of two years of experience as a working broadcast journalist
- A demonstrated ability to enterprise news coverage, and to pursue newsmakers aggressively
- A solid, aggressive, and professional social media profile
• Bachelor’s Degree or related military training in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, or related field