Be a part of Omaha’s News Leader, KETV NewsWatch 7, and work in one of the most unique broadcasting facilities in the nation, the historic 7 Burlington Station. Located just south of downtown’s Old Market entertainment district, KETV is the #1 source for local news in Omaha and one of the top ABC affiliates in the country. Omaha is the hidden gem in America’s heartland. We may be known for our Zoo and the College World Series . . . but when you explore the city you’ll find so much more to do. There’s a reason Omaha is constantly ranked as one of the best and most affordable places to live.
KETV-TV, Hearst Television, an ABC Affiliate in Omaha, NE has two openings for two Receptionists to serve as additional security and administrative support to the station as well as aid the business manager and other departments as needed. These individuals will provide support by performing various tasks that contribute to the daily operations of the department and help inform management of security related items. The Receptionists will serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifying company personnel of visitor arrivals; maintaining security, clerical duties and operating the Cisco telecommunications switchboard. The hours for these two positions will be 7:30am – 12:00pm and 12:00pm to 4:30pm, M-F.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering and/or referring inquiries.
- Provides information to viewers in a professional manner.
- Directs visitors and maintains the employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring guest logbook; issuing visitor badges; updating security procedures with management approval.
- Maintains continuity among departments by documenting and communicating actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services and USPS mail.
- Assists the business manager with accounts payable, capital equipment check-in, tagging assets, and FCC filing.
- Issue various daily, weekly, monthly local and corporate reports and program activity reports as needed.
- Previous Customer Service or Receptionist experience preferred.
- Some accounting experience background preferred, but not required.
- Previous television experience a plus, but not required.
- Previous law enforcement experience a plus, but not required.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Excellent Communication Skills - both in person or on the telephone.
- Customer Focus - professionalism in handling employee and client inquires/requests.
- Organization Skills - ability to handle pressure and multiple tasks.
- Prefer familiarity with the Cisco switchboard console.
- Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- · High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma