KETV-TV, the Hearst Television owned ABC affiliate in Omaha, NE has an opening for an experienced broadcast Operations Manager.
The operations manager oversees daily activities of directors and operating engineers. This position executes the technical and production requirements for on-air programming, live and pre-recorded, supports all station efforts in-house and on remote locations, and performs other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- · Works closely with news, IT, engineering, management, and vendor partners’ technical support services to support critical on-air systems including directing, production and broadcast systems.
- · Delegates assignments to directors, stagehands and operations technicians and coordinates their work.
- · Works with management to develop standard operating procedures and train personnel.
- · Operates studio equipment such as camera system, audio equipment including audio board, production switchers, graphics systems, and video servers.
- · Manages master control equipment including switchers, automation systems, video servers, EAS devices, graphics systems, and monitoring devices.
- · Provides support for producing content and station projects.
- · Familiarity with Adobe products preferred.
- · Responsible for direct supervision, discipline, annual reviews and scheduling for assigned personnel.
- · Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- · Must be proficient with computers and PC-based systems.
- · Ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure.
- · Ability to multi-task accurately.
- · Ability to follow instructions, verbal and written.
- · Flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned.
- · Ability to work effectively with other team members.
- · Ability to train new hires as directors, stagehands and operations technicians.
- · College Degree preferred but not required or equivalent work experience
- · Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
- · One-Two years of experience with broadcast television operations at a commercial television station preferred.
- · Two years working in an assistant supervisory role in broadcast television operations preferred.