KETV NewsWatch 7, the Hearst Television Inc. ABC-affiliated station in Omaha, NE is now interviewing candidates for an Assistant Creative Services Director. We are seeking an innovative and highly creative person to partner with the Creative Services Director as the senior producer of on-air, off-air and digital promotion. Candidate will work closely with Creative Services Director in developing brand and marketing strategies for all of KETV NewsWatch 7’s media platforms. We’re looking for a person with the motivation to help lead a talented and experienced team. Someone invested in pushing the staff to improve their skills and finding their untapped potential. This is an opportunity to be a part of Omaha’s News Leader, a top rated ABC affiliate and work at 7 Burlington Station, the most unique television facility in America. If you aspire to grow your creative arsenal, move into a management position and be a part of Hearst Television, a national leader in local television, apply today.
- Creation of on-air and cross-platform image campaigns, topical promotion, POPs, IDs, news opens and other related production elements
- Must have passion and vision for promotion with viewer benefit! Sell the coverage differentiators, distinctions and benefits of KETV NewsWatch 7
- Work closely with the Creative Services director to oversee day to day operations of creative services team
- Will be the point person between Creative Services and KETV’s News Department.
- Highly collaborative, symbiotic relationship with GM, creative services director, news director and news department—common goal, team approach.
- Help manage station on air and digital inventory
- Draft compelling messages that create a point of differentiation between KETV and the competition
- Effectively and efficiently operate various format cameras, editing software, and plugins
- Manage sales-related promo sponsorships, contests, rules, and special giveaways.
- Will work with ABC Affiliate Marketing and syndication affiliate marketing on projects, co-op and any special events.
- Assist in all areas of station promotions, marketing, special projects and station events. Some may occur outside normal work hours
- Must have a winning attitude and a commitment to excellence and quality
- Strategic thinking and brand building
- Work well and interact professionally with many different personalities
- Developing and contributing new ideas for delivering promotions to viewers
- Must be able to work independently in most areas of production
- Must be well organized and highly motivated
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Communications preferred or related military training in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, or related field