NRG Media, Omaha, a privately owned and operated media company is looking for outstanding local sellers to join our team.
The Omaha operation consists of 7 radio stations, 6 websites and an event company that produces shows not only in Omaha, but throughout the Midwest. Recently, the group was recognized by Radio Ink for having one of the most updated and impressive studios in the country. When major recording artists visit Omaha, many stop by to visit with both clients and staff and to perform in our state of the art performance studio that rivals those in New York and LA!
Our company culture encourages training, support, and growth potential. We are managed by media professionals who know, understand and love the media business and who are recognized as top leaders in the industry. We invest in tools to ensure we have the best sellers and products in Omaha and take pride in knowing all of our employees. We believe in treating our team fairly, with trust and are upfront in sharing clear, concise expectations. We have an open door policy which is not available in many companies. We offer tools to help employees succeed such as hands on training, coaching and updated research, all in a fun and creative environment. We recently invested in along term training program to help all sellers at all levels grow and become more successful in their career.
The goal of this position is to represent the station product line to local and regional companies. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This position includes:
- Researching local businesses to uncover potential clients;
- meeting with prospects, as well as current and past clients to uncover their challenges;
- Obtaining weekly appointments and presentations in order to achieve goals;
- Utilizing station resources to present marketing solutions;
- Utilizing station software and systems in timely manner;
- Handling all negotiations with clients;
- Handling the complete sales cycle for each client, prospecting to collections, and all in between,
- Maintaining all correspondence, details, contracts, etc. into the required systems;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, team members and other colleagues;
- Attending all required meetings, station events and client events;
- Representing NRG Media with a high level of trust and professionalism at all times.
Ideal Candidate Skills, Characteristics and Experience:
- A passion to help growing businesses;
- A high school diploma or GED;
- A minimum of 1 year of sales or equivalent experience in working directly with customers;
- Proven experience at closing business;
- Ability to think on your feet, multi-task, and to problem solve;
- Experience in preparing presentations using appropriate software;
- Proficient in working the Internet, MS Office (Power Point, Word & Excel);
- Must be able to provide transportation to meet required number of meetings and events;
- Experience working with a CRM (customer relationship management) system a plus;
- Must have a strong, consistent work ethic.
To be successful in this position, a candidate must show a passion for the job; maintain a positive attitude which enables strong relationship building - both internally within the station and outside; must be inquisitive and strategic with the thought process of being able to offer creative solutions to help clients grow their business.
NRG treats employees with fairness and respect and expects the same of all employees.
The AE position offers a competitive compensation package with incentives, and growth potential.
NRG Media offers above average benefits including medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, Employee Assistance Program and generous vacation policy.
NRG Media is an EOE.