Details: KETV NewsWatch 7, the Hearst Television Inc. ABC-affiliated station in Omaha, NE is now interviewing candidates for a full-time television newscast Producer.
The newscast producer is responsible for compiling television newscasts for broadcast. This includes writing and editing news scripts, video editing, working with reporters, anchors and leading a production team to carry out a vision for the program.
This is your opportunity to join Omaha’s News Leader at historic 7 Burlington Station and be part of an award-winning team devoted to great story telling and solid journalism.
The newscast producer is responsible for showcasing various elements of the newscast through the use of graphics and other broadcast production techniques. Additional duties include writing and posting material to KETV.com and KETV’s social media platforms.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys making quick decisions, who is aggressive at seeking out dynamic news content, and who has the ability to communicate clearly while leading a team of professional content developers.
A winning applicant will have strong organizational skills and should be able to work efficiently and creatively under tight deadlines.
• Selecting, researching and writing news stories, and producing newscasts by prioritizing events of the day
• Showcasing stories with graphics and other visual elements
• Video editing
• Writing and posting stories to the web and social media
• Communicating vision to other team members including news anchors, reporters, editors, video journalists and directors
• In-person attendance is required
• At least one year producing newscasts in a television newsroom, although applicants with less experience and an interest in news producing will be considered.
• Strong copy editing skills
• Interest in the community and in national and world events
• Familiarity with Adobe Premiere and video editing
• Must be able to manage time well
• Must be creative
• Must have some ability to manage others
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
• Must have knowledge of libel and privacy laws.
• Must be skilled in the production of breaking news.
• Special consideration given to a producer with video photography skills
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
Additional Requirements: As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/7/2022
Closing Date: 10/7/2022
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER