October 1, 2022
Maximum Application Deadline: December 31, 2022
Applicants will be notified of Position Closing.
A producer will select, write and assemble a blend of stories in a compelling, urgent and interesting newscast for on-air and on-line. He/she will have a demonstrated ability to work individually or as part of a team to produce compelling packages on deadline and the time management skills to produce news stories for WOWT.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selecting, writing and assembling news for broadcast and digital platforms
- Actual on-air production of newscast making adjustments
- Monitoring additional feeds for supplemental material
- Working closely with news management in the design and delivery of the content and style of individual newscast
- May include overnight and/or weekend hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Be an authority on the WOWT brand and competitors
- Ensure that the brand standards are met across all platforms
- Promote the brand and its values at all opportunities
- Prior experience as a “line” producer in a television news operation preferred. The exact amount of experience will vary depending on which specific producer position is being filled
- Prefer a candidate with a four year journalism or communication
- Must have solid people skills and able to work individually or in a team environment when working with reporters and producers
- Ability to operate under constant deadline pressure
- Strong writing, listening and organizational skills
- There is a lot of repetitive motion because of working on a keyboard in front of a computer for up to 8 hours a day.
Apply Online at: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, D.C. 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.