Details: KETV-TV offers paid internships for students who are currently enrolled in an accredited college/university. Internships are currently available in our News Department. KETV-TV does not provide living arrangements or any type of living expenses or transportation. Interns are not employees of KETV-TV so therefore will not get benefits afforded KETV-TV personnel.
Application Deadline for this Spring Internship with KETV-TV is January 31, 2023.
Interns in the News Department get a variety of opportunities:
• Go out to the field and shadow crews
• Take notes at courtroom proceedings
• Answer phones, learn police/scanner codes and how to gather information for a possible news story
• Get the chance to see the inner workings of the news department and learn what it takes to cover/research
• Learn how to edit, photograph and produce
There are 3 assignments that must be completed before the end of their internship:
• Write and edit a VO
• Write and edit a VSot
• Write, edit, and track a package
Students must submit the following to KETV-TV
• Letter of introduction
• A completed resume
• Completed cover letter. The cover letter should include the applicant’s available start and end dates, and what days and hours the applicant is available to intern.
Requirements: To apply for an internship with KETV-TV students must currently be enrolled in a college or university working to receive a graduate or undergraduate degree in Mass Communications/TV with plans to pursue a career in on-air television broadcasting or a related field. Student should have a grade point average of at least a B.
All of our internship slots are filled based on the student’s need for an internship, resume, cover letter, and application information, timeliness of return of application and personal interview.
KETV-TV does not discriminate against applicants because of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability. KETV-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Date Posted: 1/19/2023
Closing Date: 2/18/2023
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply.