About Gray Television: Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
About KOLN/KSNB: The Gray Television family in the Lincoln/Hastings/Kearney, Nebraska market includes KOLN/KGIN (CBS), KSNB (NBC), KCWH (CW) and NSNB (MeTV). The stations reach 70% of Nebraska and a good portion of northern Kansas and dominate the market by offering most of the top rated network, syndicated and local news programming available. For 60 plus years, we’ve taken pride in serving our viewers, our community and our advertisers.
Job Summary/Description: If you love sales and you have experience selling directly to decision makers (jewelry, clothing, automotive, insurance or something else), we have a tremendous broadcast and digital sales career waiting for you in our Central Nebraska location. Come see how to make more money with better hours.
Your multimedia toolbox will include: #1 rated news! Popular CBS and NBC primetime shows such as Young Sheldon, This is Us, Survivor and The Voice! Exciting sports programming including NFL Football, March Madness, NASCAR and Husker Coaches Shows! The stations’ proprietary digital products, along with a full suite of digital capabilities including targeted display and video, social media advertising, email marketing, SEO, SEM/PPC & Premion OTT.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
– Achieve individual revenue budgets (television stations and digital properties)
– Develop and maximize revenue from existing clients
– Develop and maintain good agency/account relationships
– Develop new local advertisers to the station
– Provide on-going customer service to all clients
– Interact with other departments at the station to ensure that the client(s) receive a good buying experience from the minute they say yes until the bill is paid in full
– Accurate and timely paperwork and on-going communication with clients, managers and co-workers
– Minimum of a high school diploma (college degree is preferred)
– Prior advertising sales experience preferred (television, digital, radio, print, etc.)
– Proficiency in math, writing, listening and verbal communication skills
– Must possess good speaking and presentation skills
– Organization and time management skills
– Have a pleasant personality and social skills
– Must maintain business-like and professional dress and appearance
– Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a reliable automobile
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KOLN/KSNB-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 8/8/2023
Closing Date: 11/6/2023
City: Grand Island – 68503
Apply Online URL: https://gray.tv/careers