Multi Media Journalist/Meteorologist
June 17, 2022
Maximum Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
The purpose of this position is to have qualified individuals prepare and deliver weather forecasts, weather information as part of the overall WOWT 6 News presentation. Weather information is a critical need for viewers. The public’s safety is a vital concern for us and we take our responsibility very seriously. News reporting as an MMJ/reporter will be a part the duties of this position as well. WOWT is looking for a candidate who will make a positive contribution in the newsroom and community as a whole.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze weather data and prepare detailed forecasts
• Prepare graphics to support weather presentation
• Flexible schedule for severe weather & winter weather scenarios
• Work closely with news management in designing presentation style and editorial content for weather presentations.
• Developing and reporting stories.
• Preparation of material for delivery of newscasts
• Post content to website and social media platforms
Qualifications: Education – Bachelor’s degree in meteorology
Experience: Prior experience as a broadcast meteorologist. Strong on-air communication skills, ability to work as part of an on-air team and part of a weather team. Knowledge with WSI Max and their various platforms a plus. Ability to be creative with graphic design and presentation. Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast weather and proficient in social media platforms.
Apply Online at: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, D.C. 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.