Details: KETV NewsWatch 7, the Hearst Television Inc. ABC-affiliated station in Omaha, NE is now interviewing candidates for the position of on-air multi-media journalist. You will be joining an award-winning team of journalists and television professionals showcasing your talent to the biggest audience in Omaha television news. The right candidate will have an interest investigative journalism and a passion for finding exclusive content. You must have the drive to cover breaking news, and the ability to report extemporaneously in a clear, concise manner on live television and on social media.
We’re looking for a self-starter who knows how to build great contacts and develop exclusive content. You’ll need an ability to connect with people in ways that foster great communication and enjoy sharing content on social media. This is your opportunity to join Omaha’s News Leader at historic 7 Burlington Station and to be part of an award-winning team devoted to great story telling and solid journalism.
Please include a video link demonstrating your work with your application.
• Reporting news stories, building news contacts and sources, and developing original news material for KETV and Hearst Television
• Video editing
• Live reporting
• Some substitute anchoring
• At least two years of television or digital news reporting
• Strong copy writing and editing skills
• Knowledge of civics and engaged in national and world events
• Must be able to manage time well
• Must be creative
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
• Must have good news judgment
• Must be able to work weekends and evenings
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
Additional Requirements: As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/21/2022
Closing Date: 10/21/2022
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE