March 30, 2022
Maximum Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
Applicants will be notified of Position Closing.
The purpose of this position is to have qualified individuals prepare and deliver weather forecasts, weather information and covering traffic events as part of the overall WOWT 6 News presentation. Weather and traffic are critical needs for viewers. The public’s safety is a vital concern for us and we take our responsibility very seriously.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze weather data and prepare detailed forecasts
• Prepare graphics to support weather presentation
• Research and prepare traffic information, provide clear and concise live traffic reports
• Communicate traffic information to viewers on all digital platforms including station website, mobile app and social platforms
• Conversational On-air presentation
• Flexible schedule for severe weather & winter weather scenarios
• Work closely with news management in designing presentation style and editorial content for weather presentations.
• Post content to website and social media platforms
Qualifications: Education – Bachelor’s degree in meteorology
Experience: Prior experience as a broadcast meteorologist (amount will vary depending on specific position) Knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn Omaha/Council Bluffs geography and roadways. Strong on-air communication skills, ability to work as part of an on-air team and part of a weather team. Knowledge with WSI Max and their various platforms a plus. Ability to be creative with graphic design and presentation. Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast weather and proficient in social media platforms.
Apply Online at: https://www.gray.tv/careers#currentopenings EOE.