Details: KHGI is looking for a Meteorologist to present the weather forecast for the morning news. As our Meteorologist you are responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 8/2/2023
Closing Date: 10/1/2023
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
• Forecasting, Producing and Presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
• Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
• Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
• Make public appearances on behalf of the station
• Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Ability to tell memorable and meaningful stories, we value visual and compelling storytelling
• Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
• In depth knowledge of forecasting and storm chasing
• Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing skills
• Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
• Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
We have an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, & vision, 401(k), employee wellness, vacation and sick leave, and more!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Us: Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We’re at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team: The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Contact: Sinclair Broadcast Group
Apply Online URL: