September 15, 2020
Maximum Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
Applicants will be notified of Position Closing.
The Writer/Producer is responsible for conceptualizing, writing, producing, and editing commercials, station promotion, public service announcements, and long-form productions, for multiple media, including broadcast and digital.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients and sales executives to determine the needs of a client, business, or organization and collaborate to create marketing solutions.
- Work with Marketing Director and News Director to execute station marketing objectives.
- Write scripts for client commercials, station image, news topicals, proof of brand, etc.
- Function as director and videographer (including sound recording) both on location and in studio for commercials and station promotions.
- Edit videos for multiple platforms.
- Create still and animated graphics for multiple platforms. Ability to conform to, maintain, and police, station visual brand guide.
- Help plan and staff station and community events.
- Assist in maintaining the highest quality standards, and work procedures.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean and organized
- May be asked to record voice over audio work.
- This job description is subject to change and includes the right of management to add duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent job experience
- Good communication skills
- Advanced video editing skills with experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to ideate and write creatively for multiple media.
- Proficient videography and lighting skills.
- Graphics and compositing skills using Adobe After Effects.
- Able to transport oneself with company vehicle to client meetings and on location shoots.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record (will be reviewed)
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug testing is possible throughout employment.
- Ability to develop a strong rapport with clients
Come join our team, apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY MEDIA GROUP, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.