KMTV 3 News Now Weekend Anchor/MMJ
We are currently seeking a dynamic Weekend Anchor/ Multimedia Journalist to join our news team at KMTV in Omaha. The successful candidate will prepare and deliver accurate news reports for the weekend newscasts and well as report and research compelling news stories throughout the week
- Gather, write and present news reports, as assigned.
- Report live on location from various news events.
- Research and develop news stories.
- Perform various community service activities for the station, including performing as master of ceremonies for public service events and as host/hostess for station events.
- Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by News Management.
- Write, produce, and anchor weekend newscasts
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- At least 3 years on-camera experience.
- Demonstrated ability to produce newscasts using the ENPS production system
Skills & Abilities
- Must connect on camera with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to cultivate sources and mine stories.
- Knowledge of newsroom computers (Newstar) and computer databases strongly preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong news judgment and organizational skills.
- Must have keen sense of logistics and ability to work well under intense pressure and deadlines.
- Must have good creative and editorial judgment. Mastery of journalistic ethics and libel law.
- Must be able to speak clearly and concisely.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
Apply here: http://www.scripps.com/careers
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation’s fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.