Who Are We?
We are one of the largest news operations in Nebraska, Flood Communications delivers hyper-local news and high-quality programming to radio, TV, and digital audiences across the state, reaching more than 500,000 homes and 200,000 social media followers. Its stations include News Channel Nebraska, Telemundo Nebraska, and ten radio stations.
News Channel Nebraska is the only in-state, independent television network of its kind in America. Telemundo Nebraska is the state’s first network affiliate to deliver live, local Spanish news to Nebraska’s nearly 250,000 Hispanic residents. Flood Communications connects communities across the state by covering important events, supporting worthy causes, and continuing to look ahead, envisioning the future of communications and the media.
The Role: Full Time TV Production
Salary: TBD Based on Experience
Location: Norfolk NE
Flood Communications is now interviewing candidates for a full-time TV Production Team Member. This includes writing and editing news scripts, video editing, working with reporters, anchors and leading a production team to carry out the vision for the program. The newscast producer is responsible for showcasing various elements of the newscast by graphics and other broadcast production techniques.
The newscast producer is responsible for showcasing various elements of the newscast using graphics and other broadcast production techniques. Additional duties include writing and posting material to newschannelnebraska.com and social media platforms.
The position may require you to work overnight, or early morning hours, and often weekends. A winning applicant will have strong organizational skills, an ability to be a team leader, and should be able to work efficiently and creatively under tight deadlines. In-person attendance is required.
• Writing news stories, and producing newscasts by prioritizing events of the day
• Showcasing stories with graphics and other visual elements
• Video editing
• Writing and posting stories to the web and social media
• At least one year producing newscasts in a television newsroom, although applicants with less experience and an interest in news producing will be considered.
• Strong copy-editing skills
• Knowledge of the community and of national and world events
• Familiarity with Adobe Premiere and video editing
• Must be able to manage time well
• Must be creative
• Must have some ability to manage others
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
• Must have good news judgment and time management skills
• Must have knowledge of libel and privacy laws.
• Must be skilled in the production of breaking news.
• Special consideration given to a producer with video photography skills
• Ability to gather information and write stories.
• Bachelor or Associate Degree in journalism or related field is preferred. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
Qualified Candidates please email Cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: Flood Digital Networks (Flood Communications LLC) along with all its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women encouraged to apply