Due to an upcoming retirement, the Nebraska Rural Radio Association is offering a rare opportunity to learn the business side of the broadcasting industry as a Traffic Director at our Scottsbluff, Nebraska location. The Traffic Director manages the daily preparation and maintenance of on-air logs utilizing thorough management of commercial inventory to maximize revenue.
Daily responsibilities include:
– Extensive use of software to schedule commercial inventory to maximize station revenue on high demand stations
– Data and order entry
– Reconciling and posting of daily commercial logs
– Preparing and maintaining reports
– Ensuring that all programs and commercials are aired in accordance with FCC regulations and our company’s policies
– Preparing monthly billing and posting payments and deposits
Competitive salary and compensation package, including a defined benefit pension plan.
Scottsbluff – 69361
A bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or comparable experience is preferred. Strong computer skills are a must. Experience in broadcast traffic and billing software is not required, and extensive training will be provided.
Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter, and be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced office environment. This position also requires innovative problem solving and decision-making skills to achieve market goals and works with the Sales Department to efficiently accommodate advertisers and maintain revenue. The ability to work under pressure, multi-task amid constant interruptions, while meeting multiple deadlines with minimal supervision is a must, all while maintaining professional demeanor and a positive outlook.
The Nebraska Rural Radio Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and offers the following benefits:
• Competitive pay
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Please provide a resume.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER