Traffic Copy Coordinator
June 23, 2021
Maximum Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
Applicants will be notified of Position Closing.
The Copy Coordinator is responsible for scheduling the correct commercials with the appropriate order and for maintaining the inventory of all commercial material. The Copy Coordinator will also maintain the playout automation database and all commercial inventory in the station’s play-to-air server. Additionally, the Copy Coordinator contributes to programming and FCC support as directed and front desk coverage.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate the commercial copy process which includes, working with agencies and sales team to receive traffic instructions, entering copy instructions into WideOrbit traffic system
- Maintain inventory of assigned cart numbers. Assign new numbers as needed and delete unused commercials in a timely manner
- Maintain records of Spot Inventory & server usage by generating purge lists on a weekly basis of spots not needed & track advertiser requests to do so.
- Prep all electronically received spots in the FTP folder by assigning the correct cart number and moving to the server. Mark spots into play out automation database, and QC in play-to-air server.
- Assist as needed in project planning and preparation where traffic and automation are impacted.
- Run Public Service Announcement & Promotions As-Run reports as requested by various staff for ours &/or clients/associates records.
- Keep track of Barter-Make good spots for Syndicated programs that require such, report to Syndicators and schedule/provide Copy with Sales, the make good spots when applicable
- Provide backup for other departments as needed.
Qualifications: Experience with WideOrbit traffic a plus. Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and understand and adhere to time sensitive weekly priorities and deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to interact both externally with clients and internally with co-workers.
Apply Online at: https://www.gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.