KMTV 3 News Now – Sr. Assignment Editor
KMTV, the Scripps CBS affiliate in Omaha, NE is hiring a Sr. Assignment Editor. The Assignment Editor is responsible for managing news assignments, coordinating logistics, monitoring news wires and scanners.
- Oversees the assignment desk.
- Plans news coverage as directed by news management.
- Dispatches crews to stories and breaking news, using appropriate logistical and journalistic judgement.
- Makes calls to news sources as needed, gaining appropriate and actionable information.
- Finds stories, conducts research and tracks story ideas in assignment desk computer with emphasis on key brand points.
- Publishes online content to various digital and social media platforms.
- Performs other duties as needed and as directed by news management.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or in a related field preferred.
- 5 years assignment desk experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
Apply here: http://www.scripps.com/careers
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation’s fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship for the company.