Position/Title: Sports Anchor/MMJ
Details: KETV, Omaha’s News Leader, is looking for a sports anchor/MMJ to join our award-winning Hearst Television team.
The right candidate will have a passion for finding and telling the great stories that convey all the emotions that sports has to offer. You’ll be part of a team covering Big Ten and Big East athletics, and high school sports from across the region. We’re looking for a dynamic on-air talent who makes a connection with viewers and loves the thrill of live television.
KETV Sports Anchor/MMJ will anchor evening newscasts at least two nights per week and produce content for KETV.com and KETV’s other digital platforms. In addition, the sports anchor/MMJ will enterprise and produce reports for KETV. The winning candidate must be able to work nights and weekends and perform well under tight deadline pressures.
The right candidate also must be able to speak knowledgeably and extemporaneously on sports subjects and be well-researched on relevant sports issues. You’ll often be expected to work alone to shoot and produce video content.
• Producing and anchoring sports segments
• Live reporting for television
• Videography and video editing
• Writing and producing compelling stories for television and digital platforms
• Enterprising original content and developing contacts with local sports figures
• Good knowledge of all sports subjects and willingness to engage on social media
• Two-years’ experience in broadcasting
• College degree is preferred, but prior experience will be considered
• Military training and experience will be considered
• Ability to shoot high-quality video, and carry 40 pounds of equipment
• Clean driving record
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 7/9/2021
Closing Date: 8/8/2021
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER