KMTV 3 News Now Sales Assistant III
The E.W. Scripps news station KMTV 3, in Omaha, Nebraska is searching for a responsible sales assistant for supporting the sales department in day-to-day activities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist Sales team with pre-sales events, client appointments and order entry. Facilitate & process sales presentations.
- Communicate with advertising agencies and clients for make goods, preemptions, under delivery and day-to-day contact. Including sending station information to clients and national representatives.
- Generate and analyze sales reports including rating delivery data by week and adjusting advertising schedules. Complete online postings.
- Identify and correct any billing errors or issues prior to end of month.
- Correctly input client billing adjustments within the same month as dispute identified.
- Attend sales training and planning meetings.
- Arranges and distributes various advertising materials and sales reports to the proper areas in a timely manner.
- Provide exemplary customer assistance.
- Assist AE’s and clients with commercial time, arrange tape pick-ups, and make goods and changes.
- Send location information to clients and national reps.
- Produce sales pieces in coordination with National Rep. Firm and Research Director.
- Assist with inventory control and updating and weekly rate card.
- Paid programming liaison with advertisers, where necessary.
- Cross-train in all sales and traffic software applications as well as sales support positions.
- Handles the daily general clerical functions such as filing, answering phones, creating correspondence, and calculating rates to quote to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5+ years experience in a related field.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.