Details: We’re looking for someone to co-anchor our top-rated weekend morning newscasts. In addition, you’d be reporting three days a week either in a general assignment role, or part of our award-winning investigative unit. The right candidate will be a great reporter and writer with an interest in investigative journalism and a desire to tell great stories. We want reporters who are eager to expose what’s right, and what needs work in our community. As an anchor, you’d be part of a close-knit group passionate about solid journalism and putting a great newscast together. We’re looking for a self-starter who knows how to build great contacts and develop exclusive content. You’ll need an ability to connect with people in ways that foster great communication. This is your opportunity to join Omaha’s News Leader at historic 7 Burlington Station and to be part of an award-winning team devoted to great story telling and solid journalism.
• Co-anchoring Saturday and Sunday morning newscasts
• Assisting producers with writing and reporting content for television and digital platforms.
• Reporting news stories, building news contacts and sources, and developing original news material for KETV, KETV.com and Hearst Television
• Some video editing
• At least two years of television or digital news reporting
• Strong copy writing and editing skills
• Knowledge of the community, civics as well as national and world events
• Non-linear video editing skills
• Must be able to manage time well
• Must be creative
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
• Must have good news judgment
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/22/2021
Closing Date: 10/22/2021
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER