KMTV 3 News Now Studio Technician (Part Time)
KMTV, the Omaha CBS station is looking to add a Part Time Studio Technician I to our team. This person will operate studio television cameras during live and taped productions, act as floor director and teleprompter operator during live and taped productions and assists in studio maintenance (cleaning, organization), etc.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Operation of various broadcast equipment including, but not limited to; studio television cameras during live and taped productions, teleprompter, character generators, graphics software, computers.
- Act as floor director during live and taped productions.
- Assist in studio maintenance (cleaning, organization, possibly lighting), etc.
- Assist as production grip on live and tape productions.
- Navigate internet (web) and post video and text to station website.
- Other duties as directed by the Production Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Two or four year college degree preferred.
- Previous television station experience necessary.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Live newscast production a plus.
- Non-linear editing experience required. Final Cut Pro experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of television station production operation equipment.
- Working knowledge of studio cameras, teleprompters and lighting.
- Must be reliable, dependable, possess a willingness to learn and be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Position involves much studio work and occasional field productions. May include standing for many hours, operating human lift equipment, climbing stairs and ladders, lifting, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is one of the nation’s leading media companies, focused on creating a better-informed world through a portfolio of news, information and entertainment brands.Scripps will become the nation’s largest television broadcaster, reaching 73% of U.S. television households through 108 stations in 76 markets, pending regulatory approval of its acquisition of ION Media. Committed to serving local audiences through objective journalism, Scripps operates 60 local TV stations in 42 markets. It is creating a national TV networks business that will include ION Media’s entertainment programming, Newsy’s straightforward headline and documentary news content and the five popular Katz broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.