Position/Title: Part-time Producer/Editor
Details: KETV Hearst Television, Omaha’s News Leader, has an immediate open for a part-time Producer/Editor.
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring broadcast/digital journalist to start his or her career. This position involves support for KETV’s weekend morning newscasts, working pre-dawn hours on Saturday and Sunday. In addition, you would have the opportunity to pick-up another 8-hour shift during the week where you could define your role as a photojournalist, or producer in support of KETV news. KETV will offer training in all aspects of television and digital news production for this position. Experience with Adobe Premiere editing is a big plus for this position. KETV also can provide opportunities for video photography in the field if the candidate has an interest in this aspect of news production.
• Edit video for weekend morning newscasts
• Work in the production control room to time and execute a live newscast by interacting with production crews, anchors, and producers.
• News writing for television newscasts and KETV digital platforms
• Schedule live interviews and live reports and gather information for news stories.
• This is an entry-level position. Beginners with the right skill set and interests will be considered.
• Candidates must be willing to work pre-dawn hours on Saturdays and Sundays
• Candidates must be willing to accept the pressures of television news deadlines, and work quickly, and efficiently
• Candidates must have be able to pay attention to details and follow directions.
• Strong grammar and writing skills
• An understanding of journalistic principles
• Ability to carry 30 pounds of camera equipment
• Willingness to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions on occasion
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Date Posted: 6/7/2021
Closing Date: 7/7/2021
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER