Alpha Media – Lincoln is seeking a talented, professional part-time On-Air Talent/ Board Operator to run programming on our cluster of local radio stations when full-time air staff is not scheduled. The position requires someone who can work under pressure and, after training, be adept at troubleshooting issues as they arise and appropriately escalating, as needed. The ideal candidate should have an interest in working in radio or have previous experience working at a radio station. They must be available on weekends and holidays. Previous experience with on-air equipment is helpful but not required. As this is a PT position, living within driving distance to the radio station is a must. Computer skills are a must. Expertise with WordPress, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter is a plus.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports, and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it’s on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home, or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative, and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates multiple radio stations across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Engage with listeners via phone calls, contests, and social media.
- Broadcast live from remote locations and events.
- Introduces programs and music
- Reads commercial copy and public service announcements
- Operate control console.
- Conduct on-air interviews.
- Maintain traffic logs and transmitter readings.
- Work with Promotions and Sales departments on creative content.
- Assists in special promotions and programming activities
Requirements of this position include the following:
- A minimum of one year of on-air experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in the use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to successfully execute station events and remotes.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Excellent problem solving and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skilled in operation of the control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
- Must be creative and innovative with a strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a fully insured personal vehicle.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Prior broadcast industry experience.
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! If you would like to send a demo, include the link to your website in your cover letter. If you do not have a website, upload your demo on YouTube, and provide the link.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast-moving, growing entity, apply on our website at www.alphamediausa.com and submit your cover letter and resume
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.