Who Are We?
We are one of the largest news operations in Nebraska, Flood Communications delivers hyper-local news and high-quality programming to radio, TV and digital audiences across the state, reaching more than 500,000 homes and 200,000 social media followers. Its stations include: News Channel Nebraska, Telemundo Nebraska and ten radio stations. News Channel Nebraska is the only in-state, independent television network of its kind in America. Telemundo Nebraska is the state’s first network affiliate to deliver live, local Spanish news to Nebraska’s nearly 250,000 Hispanic residents. Flood Communications connects communities across the state by covering important events, supporting worthy causes, and continuing to look ahead, envisioning the future of communications and the media.
The Role: Full Time Promotions Director/On Air Talent
Salary: TBD Based on Experience
Location: Norfolk NE
Flood Communications is hiring a Full Time Promotions Director-On Air Radio Talent in our Norfolk NE Location.
We Strongly believe in live and local programming serving our communities daily. We like to capitalize on fun and provide our listeners with compelling content while also producing results for our clients. If your talent aligns with these goals as well, we would love to hear from you!
Promotions Director responsibilities include:
- Work with the Program Director to develop strategies designed to win the hearts of our listeners, clients, churches, community leaders and our team in the building.
- Work with the local and national sales teams and clients to implement station promotions within the community.
- Implement promotions, including promotional logistics and details, in line with management’s vision.
- Oversee promotions assistants and use/maintenance of the station vehicles.
- Work collaboratively with the Program Director, Sales Manager to establish and implement non-traditional revenue opportunities for the station.
- Manage remote and station appearances.
- Conduct weekly promotions meetings with station staff to brainstorm, approve, track, and allocate sales and station promotions.
- Elevate the standards and performance of station’s digital assets, including texting, website content, social media, and graphic excellence.
On-Air Talent responsibilities include:
- Performing live broadcasts that are quick-paced, entertaining and informative while remaining music-intensive.
- Appearing at station events and remote broadcasts
- Maintaining strong social media connections
- Engaging listeners in a digital setting
- Conducting promotions and contests that support the brand and engage listeners.
- Ability to produce on-air commercial or be willing to be trained in that area.
- Radio experience, an understanding of social media, a sense of humor, and are highly creative and spontaneous, send us your information.
- The ideal candidates will be able to develop, produce, and execute on-air radio programming that is both entertaining and informative to the listening audience. Successful candidates must follow and enforce FCC regulations, station, and company policies.
- Prior experience with planning, coordinating and executing promotional events within the radio, media or music industry
- Prior experience working in a supervisory/coaching/leading role
- Working knowledge of utilizing social media in a promotional capacity
- Familiarity in technology that supports on-air and online promotional efforts, including contesting platforms, smart speaker technology and mobile apps
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Creative, passionate, energetic, self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented
- Flexibility (working evenings and weekends) and a passion for the programming
Qualified Candidates please email Cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: Flood Digital Networks (Flood Communications LLC) along with all its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women encouraged to apply.