Promotions Coordinator / Producer
Promotions Coordinator Responsibilities
· Performs office administrative functions including:
· Maintaining winner database
· Filing forms, rules, prize sheets
· Writing, printing & distributing station liners/promos
· Assist in building on-line Second Street programming and sales contest
· Responsible for all winner prize fulfillment and release forms
· Oversees and maintains prize inventory and in-studio prize sheets
· Updates contest pages and rules on station website.
· Preps vehicles, equipment, supplies and prizes for station events and remotes
· Conducts on-site promotions, and acts as liaison between clients and listeners.
· Helps to coordinate and oversee on-site appearances, remotes and events.
· Sets up and runs audio and other types of equipment; hangs banners and other staging elements.
· Documents events (i.e. photos, videos, audio and social media for station promotions)
· Gathers materials for promotional recaps (screenshots, airchecks, promos, eblasts)
· Sets up, breaks down and transports promotional event equipment as required.
· Prepares contest rules, waivers, and release forms.
· Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Promotions Director.
· Produce and edit audio programming segments for show(s) and station(s)
· Arrange guest appearances, correspond with networks and syndication affiliates.
· Run talk shows, receive and screen incoming calls during broadcast, play music and commercials.
· Operate on-air console and audio controls, control board for studio and remote programming.
· Monitor and maintain programming log for one or more stations.
· Write and post information to station websites and social media platforms.
· Produce podcast segments and post on websites.
· Assists with remote appearances.
· Communicate with station Program Director about any concerns, issues, or problems.
· Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Program Director.
NRG’s brands in this market are 1620 the Zone and 1180 Zone 2, Power 106.9, Sweet 98.5, La Nueva 99.5/1020, 101.9 The Keg and News Talk 1290 KOIL, and multiple digital assets.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in a clear and personable tone of voice on-air, and in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
REASONING Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to anticipate problems and resolve them. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES Operate audio console board, digital automation equipment, remote broadcasting equipment, computer and general office equipment. Experience with digital editing software like Adobe Audition. Ability to work content providers and delivery systems. Has good organizational and time management skills and ability to work without direct supervision. Ability to work evenings, overnight and weekends.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NRG Media is dedicated to providing Great Local Radio and committed to being an active and integral part of the communities in which it serves. NRG Media has over 38 radio stations throughout the Midwest in Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Illinois. The company is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and led by President/CEO Mary Quass. NRG Media, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
APPLY AT THE NRG MEDIA COMPANY WEBSITE : https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/76da5c58-0cdb-4886-86b6-41d72879e541/NRG-MEDIA-LLC