Alpha Media – Lincoln is seeking a strong contemporary Program Director and leader for KFRX. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strategic programming experience, digital experience and have a full understanding of what it takes to compete and generate revenue while keeping a strong commitment of providing local compelling content.
The Program Director is responsible for the 360-degree brand experience – both over the air and the digital content of their brands. The Program Director is expected to make the stations look and sound great, grow audiences, assist sales in hitting their targets, meet both broadcast and digital audience goals as set forth by the company, and make the hallways hum.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it’s on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates multiple radio stations across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Working with Sales, Marketing and Promotions to create and program brand-appropriate content to drive digital audience and listener engagement.
- Working with on air talent and related staff to expand their show digitally and socially.
- Finding innovative ways to use our digital properties to grow terrestrial ratings.
- Analysis of digital metrics and diagnostics to shape strategy.
- Working closely with Integrated Sales to find on-brand ways to monetize our digital audiences.
- Developing and execution of social media strategy.
- Implement sales packages and oversee digital elements across our brands and be able to quantify displays on our sites.
- Review and approve all commercial and paid programming content.
- Build and maintain successful relationships with record labels, producers, artist managers, composers, and other industry contacts.
- Schedule station music to ensure music remains consistent with the station’s brand
- Direct and monitor station programming and activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state and local laws
- An abundance of Creativity
- Innate leadership skills
- Excellent Coaching skills to train, develop, and inspire your staff to achieve their greatest potential
Requirements of this position include:
- A minimum of 3+ years professional experience in radio
- Experience working within a Content Management System.
- Must be an idea factory, always coming up with new ways to keep content fresh.
- Strong knowledge of pop culture, music and current events.
- Must be highly organized with very strong communication skills.
- The ability to work quickly and shift gears on a dime to capitalize on web traffic and tune in opportunities.
- The ability to work night and weekend hours to cover breaking news and station events to capitalize on web traffic opportunities.
- The ability to utilize both problem solving and creative thinking skills to determine solutions for programming and sales initiatives.
- Must be a self-starter who excels at working independently, with a proven track record of independent judgment and decision making.
- Strong background and fluency in social networking and online marketing a must.
- Video editing experience a plus.
- Willing to multi-task and work beyond the job description, including off hours when applicable.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the above requirements plus have the following:
- Previous experience in broadcast media.
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! If you would like to send a demo, include the link to your website in your cover letter. If you do not have a website, upload your demo in YouTube and provide the link.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by visiting https://www.alphamediausa.com/careers/
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.