Details: KETV NewsWatch 7, the Hearst Television Inc. ABC-affiliated station in Omaha, NE has an immediate opening for a full-time Producer.
The newscast producer is responsible for putting together television newscasts for broadcast. This includes writing and editing news scripts, video editing, working with reporters, anchors and leading a production team to carry out the vision for the program.
This is your opportunity to join Omaha’s News Leader at historic 7 Burlington Station and be part of an award-winning team devoted to great story telling and solid journalism.
The newscast producer is responsible for showcasing various elements of the newscast through the use of graphics and other broadcast production techniques. Additional duties include writing and posting material to KETV.com and KETV’s social media platforms.
The position may involve at least one weekend day. A winning applicant will have strong organizational skills, an ability to be a team leader, and should be able to work efficiently and creatively under tight deadlines.
• Writing news stories, and producing newscasts by prioritizing events of the day
• Showcasing stories with graphics and other visual elements
• Video editing
• Writing and posting stories to the web and social media
• At least one year producing newscasts in a television newsroom, although applicants with less experience and an interest in news producing will be considered.
• Strong copy editing skills
• Knowledge of the community and of national and world events
• Non linear video editing skills
• Must be able to manage time well
• Must be creative
• Must have some ability to manage others
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
• Must have good news judgment and time management skills
• Must have knowledge of libel and privacy laws.
• Must be skilled in the production of breaking news.
• Special consideration given to a producer with video photography skills
• Ability to gather information and write stories.
Education: Bachelor or Associate Degree in journalism or related field. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 4/21/2021
Closing Date: 5/21/2021
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER