Details: The weekend morning newscast producer is responsible for KETV’s Saturday and Sunday morning newscasts. This includes writing and editing news scripts, video editing, working with reporters, anchors and leading a production team to carry out the vision for the program.
The newscast producer is responsible for showcasing various elements of the newscast through the use of graphics and other broadcast production techniques. Additional duties include writing and posting material to KETV.com and KETV’s social media platforms. Outside of Saturday and Sunday, the rest of your work week is made-up of show preparation time for the weekends, and some substitute producing for the weekday morning newscasts.
This is your opportunity to join Omaha’s News Leader at historic 7 Burlington Station and be part of an award-winning team devoted to great story telling and solid journalism.
The position will require you to work overnight, or early morning hours and weekends. A winning applicant will have strong organizational skills, an ability to be a team leader, and should be able to work efficiently and creatively under tight deadlines.
• Writing news stories, and producing newscasts by prioritizing events of the day
• Showcasing stories with graphics and other visual elements
• Video editing
• Writing and posting stories to the web and social media
• Leading a team of professionals and conveying your vision for the newscast
• At least one year producing newscasts in a television newsroom, although applicants with less experience and an interest in news producing will be considered.
• Strong copy editing skills
• Knowledge of the community and of national and world events
• Familiarity with Adobe Premiere and video editing
• Must be able to manage time well
• Must be creative
• Must have some ability to manage others
• Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
• Must have good news judgment and time management skills
• Must have knowledge of libel and privacy laws.
• Must be skilled in the production of breaking news.
• Special consideration given to a producer with video photography skills
• Ability to gather information and write stories.
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
• Bachelor or Associate Degree in journalism or related field is preferred. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
Additional Requirements: As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/22/2021
Closing Date: 10/22/2021
City: Omaha – 68108
Contact: Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER