KMTV 3 News Now Photographer II
KMTV, the Scripps CBS affiliate in Omaha, NE is hiring a Photographer II. This position will capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms. Will also be responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to microwave live truck, video camera, and video editing equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms
- Operate and maintain live equipment including microwave, satellite and related news gathering equipment
- Work in tandem with newsroom personnel to create and develop news stories
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2+ years’ experience as a photographer preferred
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Proficiency with lighting and computer based editing.
- Proficiency with live microwave truck operation.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station’s web sites
- Able to work efficiently under multiple deadlines on a daily basis
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is one of the nation’s leading media companies, focused on creating a better-informed world through a portfolio of news, information and entertainment brands. Scripps will become the nation’s largest television broadcaster, reaching 73% of U.S. television households through 108 stations in 76 markets, pending regulatory approval of its acquisition of ION Media. Committed to serving local audiences through objective journalism, Scripps operates 60 local TV stations in 42 markets. It is creating a national TV networks business that will include ION Media’s entertainment programming, Newsy’s straightforward headline and documentary news content and the five popular Katz broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.