OTT Digital News Anchor
10/11 NOW is looking for a candidate to drive live, daily coverage of local and regional breaking and developing news on our digital OTT platforms, including our mobile apps on IOS, Android, Roku, FireTV.
In this position, you will be a primary driver of an exciting new platform for live news delivery, specifically designed for always-on streaming platforms. Your responsibilities will include:
• Reporting breaking news events locally and nationally, severe weather coverage and big live event coverage.
• Produce, present, and technically direct your own content daily from our state-of-the-art streaming desk using video, live cameras, graphics, and social media.
• Juggle multiple projects in a deadline pressure newsroom environment while maintaining a calm and controlled presentation for on-air delivery.
• Generate stories and confirm information quickly that will provide content and depth to our daily reporting.
• Knowledge of current events, community issues, and keep a list of local contacts.
• Set up and coordinate guests for in-studio or remote appearances.
• Shoot and edit video and produce graphics with an eye for making stories understandable for the viewer.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A college degree in journalism, broadcasting, or related field.
• Strong news judgement.
• Competence in reporting live, online and on air.
• Able to present stories with solid vocal delivery, clarity and clear enunciation, ad lib, and write in a clear, concise, and conversational manner.
• Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with ENPS, BitCentral, digital platforms like Zoom and Skype, social media, and digital content management platforms a plus.
Must have valid Driver’s License with good driving record. Employment is contingent on successfully passing drug screen and driving record check.
KOLN is the CBS affiliate in the Lincoln, Hastings, Kearney market. Located in the thriving capital city of Lincoln, the station is the area`s dominant news leader, with number one newscasts in every daypart. The 1011NOW news brand is well-known throughout the region as a trusted source for quality news, weather, and sports coverage.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Company Name’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.