Alpha Media – Lincoln is seeking a talented On-Air Morning Show Co-Host / Announcer. The ideal candidate is an on-air personality with at least one year of experience who is capable of wearing many hats on the programming team, is able to assist with the promotions department, and has a passion for radio. The right person understands that the interaction between the talent, clients, and audience at live remotes, appearances, station events, online, and on-air is a vital part of the station’s ratings and success.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it’s on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates multiple radio stations across the United States covering all formats.
We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include:
- Engage with listeners via phone calls, contests, and social media.
- Assist in the planning and execution of a market leading daily morning show.
- Creating compelling digital content including audio and video
- Broadcast live from remote locations and events.
- Introduces programs and music
- Reads commercial copy and public service announcements
- Operate control console.
- Operate editing software.
- Conduct on-air interviews.
- Maintain traffic logs and transmitter readings.
- Work with Promotions and Sales departments on creative content.
- Assists in special promotions and programming activities
- Multi-format voice tracking
Requirements of this position include the following:
- A minimum of one year on-air experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in Google (G-Suite) and Adobe programs.
- Proficient in use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
- Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to successfully execute station events and remotes.
- Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Excellent problem solving and prioritizing skills.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Prior broadcast industry experience.
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! If you would like to send a demo, include the link to your website in your cover letter. If you do not have a website, upload your demo on YouTube, and provide the link.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP at https://www.alphamediausa.com/careers
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.