BDP Communications is looking for a highly confident, energetic, knowledgeable, and dynamic candidate to join 93.7 The Ticket FM as an On-Air Host / Assistant Program Director. Your role will be crucial in the continued growth and success of our station.
KNTK-FM 93.7 The Ticket and TheTicketFM.com is a locally owned and operated multichannel radio station delivering unique experiences, engagement and community-oriented programming to the greater Lincoln area and the wider digital audience of sports fans, alumni, and students. 93.7 The Ticket FM provides up to 14 daily hours of live and local real sports talk covering the University of Nebraska men’s and women’s sports, live high school athletics and national professional leagues. The Ticket FM has an experienced roster of local and national talent seeking to engage with listeners and advertisers. Our signal is streamed via online platforms at TheTickeFM.com and portals such as TuneIn, Twitch, and YouTube, and through apps for Android, Apple, and in-car systems so that no matter where our audience wants to engage, 93.7 The Ticket FM is always there with “Lincoln’s Real Sports Talk.”
Joining as a team member at 93.7 The Ticket FM you will experience the camaraderie of a family atmosphere with high standards to deliver premium programming and content to our listeners and outstanding value to our advertisers. You also have the chance to learn and grow in this small but high performing sports infused atmosphere.
- Have an on-air presence as a daily show host
- Work in tandem with your co-host and producer to generate ideas, topics and other show content
- Promote your show and the station on-air and on social media using video and audio content
- Assist with posting show podcasts on the website
- Schedule national programming
- Coordinate the scheduling of part-time staff to cover evening and weekend programming, special events, and live remote broadcasts
- Be an ambassador for the station at sporting events and throughout the community
Additional duties may include*:
- Play-by-play announcing for high school athletics
- Management of social media marketing on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
- Coordination of promotional materials and giveaways
- Production of on-air show elements for all of 93.7 The Ticket’s local programming
*Additional duties will be assigned based on experience and skill.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to work in a constantly adapting environment to capture revenue generating opportunities.
- Ability to generate new ideas, problem solve, and think on your feet.
- Strong knowledge of, interest in, and opinions about local and national sports
- Ability to convey opinions in a clear, entertaining manner
- 1-2 years radio experience preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred, but not required
- Will train the right candidate
To apply, please submit a resume and demo reel to Mark Onwiler via email at email@example.com or by mail to:
93.7 The Ticket
330 N 48th St, Suite A
Lincoln, NE 68504
BDP Communications is an equal opportunity employer.